Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hot Diggity Dog - The Los Angeles Dog

 

Diced cucumbers, avocado, tomato, ranch dressing, celery salt

California is a really crazy place. Did you know that marijuana is legal there? it is. Did you also know that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the GOVERNOR OF THE STATE? he is. There is a little town in California called Los Angeles,maybe you've heard of it, its where you go if you want to see famous people just walking around (I walk around too! they are just like you and me!), its also where you go if you want to live a care free "fun in the sun" lifestyle and just lay on the beach getting a tan every day for the rest of your life. Nevermind the fact that eventually the earth will swallow Los Angeles into the ocean, and pretty much everyone there is just trying to get you to read their screenplay... but, whatever... its warm there! Let's go! I'll drive!



The people of Los Angeles are also historically very forward thinking health crazed loons, (see also: jamba juice), so its with this carefree health driven lunacy that the Los Angeles hot dog takes it's inspiration..

There's a lot on this one, and I thought that some flavors might get lost or that everything else would overpower the hot dog itself... not so. Everything worked in unison creating something delicious. I'm not sure how but it was the opposite of what I thought - the flavor of the hot dog was pulled up front, the ranch added a nice element that I never would have thought of applying to a hot dog. The avocado is there mostly for its texture (it did add a bit of "freshness" as well) and the celery salt... from the heavens, that stuff.
I'm still not sure how I feel about putting tomato slices on a hot dog, but for this one (and for the chicago alike) they are necessary. The cucumbers, however, were not so necessary, they did not stand out at all and I forgot about them completely. Perhaps if they had been julienned (look at me with my fancy words) instead of diced...

While eating this dog, I felt like I was making a very healthy choice (I was not), I guess thats kind of how LA works - applying a new age-y way of thinking to a well known poor decision and marketing it as "good for the soul" (see also: jamba juice). Whatever though, I don't care if its good for me or not, this was a very tasty, completely unique hot dog and for a few bites, I felt like I was laying on the beach getting a tan.

I LOVE L.A.!

8.3

HOT DIGGITY DOG is located at 1325 Fruitville Pike, Lancaster PA

for your health...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License